'Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver] Query is too

Can anyone help...

Whilst trying to edit an access table, I get the message EDBDEngineError
'Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver] Query is too
complex....

Can anyone point me in the right direction...

There are about 120 fields in the table....

Tim Spanoudakis
T...@Spanoudakis.freeserve.co.uk
Tim.Spanouda...@lineone.net
TimSpanouda...@skynow.net

Re:'Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver] Query is too

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:52:30 +0100, "Tim Spanoudakis"

<tim.spanouda...@lineone.net> wrote:
>Can anyone help...

>Whilst trying to edit an access table, I get the message EDBDEngineError
>'Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver] Query is too
>complex....

>Can anyone point me in the right direction...

>There are about 120 fields in the table....

Sounds very familiar. I seem to recall an ODBC driver for Microsoft Access
that had a shortcoming of only being able to accommodate 30-40 columns in
the SELECT clause of a SELECT query. Updating to a later version of the
ODBC driver circumvented the problem (if I remember correctly).

Steve Koterski                  "Computers are useless. They can only give
Technical Publications          you answers."
Borland                                       -- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
http://www.borland.com/techpubs/delphi

Re:'Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver] Query is too

>Whilst trying to edit an access table, I get the message EDBDEngineError
>'Key Violation [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 driver] Query is too
>complex....

There is a limit of 40 columns that can be used in an Access ODBC query
You can set the updatemode property to WhereKeyOnly  and this may get it working
for you.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com