Delphi 5 trial download trial version problem

I seem to have the same problem I see in a lot of these messages.  I had
the version 5 download installed for one day. One time I tried to start
up the program and it said it detected an attempt to tamper with the
clock and terminated the trial period.  I uninstalled the whole thing
and installed it over again, but to no avail.
Is there some kind of patch to fix this thing?  I am running under Win
98.  I have now completely uninstalled the software again.

Thanks
Michael Knoop
Office of Testing Services
University of Illinois at Chicago

Re:Delphi 5 trial download trial version problem

Hi Michael,

I'll send the patch for this to your personal email address.

--
Kind Regards,

Steve Peters
Inprise/Borland Developer Support

Please do not send discussion group posts directly
to me as they may be ignored. Responses should be
posted directly to the newsgroups where they may be
shared by all.

Disclaimer:
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/disclaim.html

Michael Knoop wrote:
> I seem to have the same problem I see in a lot of these messages.  I had
> the version 5 download installed for one day. One time I tried to start
> up the program and it said it detected an attempt to tamper with the
> clock and terminated the trial period.  I uninstalled the whole thing
> and installed it over again, but to no avail.
> Is there some kind of patch to fix this thing?  I am running under Win
> 98.  I have now completely uninstalled the software again.

> Thanks
> Michael Knoop
> Office of Testing Services
> University of Illinois at Chicago

Re:Delphi 5 trial download trial version problem

Thank you.  The patch worked and Delphi seems to be working fine again.
"Steve Peters (Inprise/Borland)" wrote:
> Hi Michael,

> I'll send the patch for this to your personal email address.

> --
> Kind Regards,

> Steve Peters
> Inprise/Borland Developer Support

> Please do not send discussion group posts directly
> to me as they may be ignored. Responses should be
> posted directly to the newsgroups where they may be
> shared by all.

> Disclaimer:
> http://www.borland.com/devsupport/disclaim.html

> Michael Knoop wrote:

> > I seem to have the same problem I see in a lot of these messages.  I had
> > the version 5 download installed for one day. One time I tried to start
> > up the program and it said it detected an attempt to tamper with the
> > clock and terminated the trial period.  I uninstalled the whole thing
> > and installed it over again, but to no avail.
> > Is there some kind of patch to fix this thing?  I am running under Win
> > 98.  I have now completely uninstalled the software again.

> > Thanks
> > Michael Knoop
> > Office of Testing Services
> > University of Illinois at Chicago

Re:Delphi 5 trial download trial version problem

The trial version failed AGAIN!!!!! - After a grand total of 4 days since I
applied the last patch, it has claimed another nonexistent clock tampering
attempt.  Is this the kind of stability I can expect from the retail version?

This trial version is supposed to sell me on the glorious features of the Delphi
system. It is failing in that mission.  I just went out and spent $50.00 on
"Mastering Delphi 5" and now the damn thing won't work again.  I want to convert
my system of old Turbo Pascal for DOS programs to Win95/98, but how am I
supposed to evaluate my ability to use this compiler system if it keeps turning
itself off?  What is the point of spending nearly two hours downloading a trial
version if it does not work?

I am sending this message on Friday, 12/10/99 at about 3:15 pm CST.  If the
reply cannot be sent by 4:30 pm CST, then I will not be able to do anything with
it until Monday.

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:14:59 -0600, Michael Knoop <mkn...@uic.edu>
wrote:

>The trial version failed AGAIN!!!!! - After a grand total of 4 days since I
>applied the last patch, it has claimed another nonexistent clock tampering
>attempt.  Is this the kind of stability I can expect from the retail version?

I can't help you with the trial version expiration; I have no
knowledge of what kind of protection scheme is being used. However, I
wanted to point out that you can purchase a copy of Delphi 5.0
anywhere you want, try it out, and then return it to Borland within 90
days for a full refund if you don't like it.

Since you're at the University of Illinois, you are probably also
eligible for educational pricing, allowing you to purchase Delphi 5.0
at a steep discount.

And no, the retail version of Delphi 5.0 does not have expiration
problems. :)

-Steve

Re:Delphi 5 trial download trial version problem

I've sent you the necessary files via email.  I just hope I'm not too late...

Lucas
Delphi Developer Support
Borland
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/disclaim.html