32 bit Based or 16 bit based application?

Hi,
My D4 application use a CreateProcess API function to run some external
programs.
Before run it, I need to know if the external application is a 16 bit or 32
bit based application.
I've tried with GetBinaryType API function but it does not run under Windows
95/98!
My application have to run under Win 95/98 and NT .
Anyone can help me to find a substitute of GetBinaryType API function that
can run also under Windows 95/98?

Thank's a lot  and Regards

Marcello

Re:32 bit Based or 16 bit based application?

Well i never knew a function of such type existed in Windows, in any case with
your problem i think you
would need to examen  the EXE header.
I do think if you look at MSDN you will find the 16&32bit structures for the EXE
header.
Marcello Medici wrote:
> Hi,
> My D4 application use a CreateProcess API function to run some external
> programs.
> Before run it, I need to know if the external application is a 16 bit or 32
> bit based application.
> I've tried with GetBinaryType API function but it does not run under Windows
> 95/98!
> My application have to run under Win 95/98 and NT .
> Anyone can help me to find a substitute of GetBinaryType API function that
> can run also under Windows 95/98?

> Thank's a lot  and Regards

> Marcello

Other Threads