Beginner Delphi help Please! :)

Hello! i am doing a school project for a comic organizer....
I am wondering, how do you sort DBGrid's? is there some kinda way to
reference DBGRids.. so they are like DBGrid.Column[1],
DBGrid.Column[2]... and so on?

Can someone please elaborate on this?
Thanks so much!

Re:Beginner Delphi help Please! :)

<fdsafsfd...@fdsfsd.ca> wrote in message

> Hello! i am doing a school project for a comic organizer....
> I am wondering, how do you sort DBGrid's? is there some kinda way to
> reference DBGRids.. so they are like DBGrid.Column[1],
> DBGrid.Column[2]... and so on?

You sort dbGrids by changing the ordering of the table to which they are
linked, i.e. change the table's index. As to your second question, what
exactly are you trying to reference?

fdsafsfd...@fdsfsd.ca wrote:

: Hello! i am doing a school project for a comic organizer....
: I am wondering, how do you sort DBGrid's? is there some kinda way to
: reference DBGRids.. so they are like DBGrid.Column[1],
: DBGrid.Column[2]... and so on?

: Can someone please elaborate on this?
: Thanks so much!

There's more than one way to accomplish this, but perhaps the
simplest way to achieve what you want is to download the freeware
rxLib components and look at the demo app for their rxdbGrid.
It allows turning the column headers into buttons, so that when
a user clicks on a header, that column is sorted.
http://www.rxlib.com/
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu