help needed with delphi and databases

Could any one please tell me why I might be getting the following error in a
project I am trying to write....

raised exception class EAccessViolation at address 004026B6 in module
'project.exe'. Read address FFFFFFFF.

This error is produced after i run the project and reach a page that uses a
query to fetch details from a database. On the first occasion of usin gthe
query it fetches the correct entry and moves on to next screen but if I try
to go back to the first screen to use the query again, then the above error
occurs.

I will be extremely grateful for any help

Thanks Phil Morris

Re:help needed with delphi and databases

AVs where the Read of Address is FFFFFFFF usually occur when trying to
access an object that has not been created yet, or has been destroyed.
I suggest you put a breakpoint in the code where you are going back to
the first screen. Then step through your program to find the statement
that causes the AV. That should narrow down the possibilities enough.
Still stumped? write again with more details.

HTH,
Dan

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:41:26 +0100, "phil.morris1000"

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com