MS-Access as a native driver ? Help please

Can anyone please tell me how to use ms access databases in my project ?
(Delphi 4 Professional MS Access 97)
The help files seem kinda incomplete on this issue.
I know i can set one up as an odbc source and use that, but for me it kinda
defeats the object.
All i want is to simply use a .mdb in the project's directory, specifying
the full path in code also seems a waste, what if it installs to a
completely different directory ? Anyone ?

Thanx
   Johan

Re:MS-Access as a native driver ? Help please

BDE 5.0 and 5.01 allow creation of alises to directly address an Access
database. Set up the alias to point to the database and open it up as
normal.

Try
http://delphidao.finalfiler.com/
for help with Delphi and Access

Mike Best
--
Mike Best Programming
Brisbane

Johan van Niekerk <joha...@mail.petech.ac.za> wrote in article
<7ago3h$d0...@hermes.is.co.za>...

> Can anyone please tell me how to use ms access databases in my project ?
> (Delphi 4 Professional MS Access 97)
> The help files seem kinda incomplete on this issue.
> I know i can set one up as an odbc source and use that, but for me it
kinda
> defeats the object.
> All i want is to simply use a .mdb in the project's directory, specifying
> the full path in code also seems a waste, what if it installs to a
> completely different directory ? Anyone ?

> Thanx
>    Johan

Re:MS-Access as a native driver ? Help please

Check:

www.kylecordes.com

and

http://www.germany.net/teilnehmer/101,63156