Board index » delphi » creating dbase tables in delphi

creating dbase tables in delphi

i want to create a dbase table in delphi, which i can do, but i want to
make sure the table is a dbase version 7 table....

how do i do this?

thanks...steve

 

Re:creating dbase tables in delphi


Hi Steve,

Go into the BDE Admin under the configuration tab, drop down the Native
drivers and select DBase.  Set the level option to 7.

--
Michael Glatz
mgl...@caiso.com

Quote
Steve wrote in message <36498BDD.D980A...@erols.com>...
>i want to create a dbase table in delphi, which i can do, but i want to
>make sure the table is a dbase version 7 table....

>how do i do this?

>thanks...steve

Re:creating dbase tables in delphi


If this app is installed on another users computer...I don't think this will
work.  Unless you require the BDE configuration to be set a specific way
(which I think is not a good idea).
Quote
Michael Glatz wrote:
> Hi Steve,

> Go into the BDE Admin under the configuration tab, drop down the Native
> drivers and select DBase.  Set the level option to 7.

> --
> Michael Glatz
> mgl...@caiso.com
> Steve wrote in message <36498BDD.D980A...@erols.com>...
> >i want to create a dbase table in delphi, which i can do, but i want to
> >make sure the table is a dbase version 7 table....

> >how do i do this?

> >thanks...steve

Re:creating dbase tables in delphi


Howdy,

I hope you don't mind that I cc'd you too - I've been fighting with this problem
for a couple of days and was very, very happy to find a thread on it (though it
is a couple of weeks old)

Do you know if there is there a way to programatically specify the Level of a
dbase file that is being created by the BDE?  I too don't want to alter the
setup of the end users' machines.

Thanks for any info you can share!!

Hunter

trumbh@@sainc.com   (drop an @ to email)

Quote
Shawn Winterbottom wrote:
> If this app is installed on another users computer...I don't think this will
> work.  Unless you require the BDE configuration to be set a specific way
> (which I think is not a good idea).

> Michael Glatz wrote:

> > Hi Steve,

> > Go into the BDE Admin under the configuration tab, drop down the Native
> > drivers and select DBase.  Set the level option to 7.

> > --
> > Michael Glatz
> > mgl...@caiso.com
> > Steve wrote in message <36498BDD.D980A...@erols.com>...
> > >i want to create a dbase table in delphi, which i can do, but i want to
> > >make sure the table is a dbase version 7 table....

> > >how do i do this?

> > >thanks...steve

Other Threads