problems with using native driver for access...

Am desperately trying to connect an Access 7.0/97 mdb file with my Delphi 3
app but it just doesn't work. Although, I do manage to connect to the
database (some times) but when I try to deploy the app on a computer that
does not have ANY version of Access, the app comes up with the following set
of errors :

Cannot load IDAPI Service Library. File : DAO3032.DLL and MSJT3032.DLL.

Could some one please tell me how I can fix this problem!

Re:problems with using native driver for access...

>Cannot load IDAPI Service Library. File : DAO3032.DLL and MSJT3032.DLL.

>Could some one please tell me how I can fix this problem!

You have to have Microsoft's DAO insalled on any computer you want to use the
BDE Access driver on.

Brian
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:problems with using native driver for access...

Thank you for the prompt reply. My problem is still not solved as I need to
deploy the app to my client and I can't expect my client to have the right
version of Access installed every time he wants to run my app. Could you kindly
tell me how I can package my app with the proper drivers for it to work
independantly from Access.

Thanks.

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:

> >Cannot load IDAPI Service Library. File : DAO3032.DLL and MSJT3032.DLL.

> >Could some one please tell me how I can fix this problem!

> You have to have Microsoft's DAO insalled on any computer you want to use the
> BDE Access driver on.

> Brian
> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:problems with using native driver for access...

>Could you kindly
>tell me how I can package my app with the proper drivers for it to work
>independantly from Access.

DAO is a Microsft product that you can not legaly distribute unless you have a
Microsoft delopment product that includes a licence to ditribute DAO.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads