Object Inspector ttDefault vs ttParadox

When programming for a Paradox data base the object inspector by default
uses the data base type of ttDefault.   It can be changed to ttParadox.
What is the difference and impact of making this type of change?

TIA
Christopher Hart

Re:Object Inspector ttDefault vs ttParadox

If the type is set to ttDefault Delphi uses the file extension of the
TableName property to determine the file type.

--
Bill

Christopher Hart wrote in message <6k6llu$2...@forums.borland.com>...
>When programming for a Paradox data base the object inspector by default
>uses the data base type of ttDefault.   It can be changed to ttParadox.
>What is the difference and impact of making this type of change?

>TIA
>Christopher Hart

When the Table type is ttDefault, the BDE identifies the table type
depending of extension (if DB then is ttParadox, if DBF, then is ttDbase and
so on)

When you specify ttParadox for this property, the BDE assumes that the table
type is Paradox and the extension can be anything you want..

Razvan.

Other Threads