If you are a Wiz, please help

I hope that there is someone who can help me.  In D1 I have created a
program which will open a DBaseIV database on a network once a day and
pack it (i.e. remove deleted records).  The program runs fine on my
machine however when this program is ran from another machine I get
the following error:

Not Intialized for accessing Network files. Table: K:\THERMO\SETUP.DB
Table: SETUP

I have installed DISK1 and DISK2 of the DBEINST.  Oviously there are
files or INI setting on my machine which need to be copied to the
other machine.  Does anyone have any ideas.

wood...@iserv.net

Re:If you are a Wiz, please help

Robert R. Woods Jr. wrote:

> I hope that there is someone who can help me.  In D1 I have created a
> program which will open a DBaseIV database on a network once a day and
> pack it (i.e. remove deleted records).  The program runs fine on my
> machine however when this program is ran from another machine I get
> the following error:

> Not Intialized for accessing Network files. Table: K:\THERMO\SETUP.DB
> Table: SETUP

        I am not a wizzard but have you set your "Net Dir" to point
        to the proper location?

        What is the proper location?
        Probably K:\THERMO\

        Just make sure it is the same for all of your clients.

        brant

Re:If you are a Wiz, please help

In <4pkqe1$...@everest.iserv.net> wood...@iserv.net (Robert R. Woods

Jr.) writes:

>I hope that there is someone who can help me.  In D1 I have created a
>program which will open a DBaseIV database on a network once a day and
>pack it (i.e. remove deleted records).  The program runs fine on my
>machine however when this program is ran from another machine I get
>the following error:

>Not Intialized for accessing Network files. Table: K:\THERMO\SETUP.DB
>Table: SETUP

>I have installed DISK1 and DISK2 of the DBEINST.  Oviously there are
>files or INI setting on my machine which need to be copied to the
>other machine.  Does anyone have any ideas.

>wood...@iserv.net

I don't think DBase files can be used as networked or multiuser.
Checkit out.
Ben
Arrow

Other Threads