Class not registered, dbclient.dll is...

My application consists of a TDatasetProvider and a TClientDataset on the
same form, that are connected. This way, I can use TClientDataset as a
memory cache for the data provided.

When running this on a clean Windows 95 build 950 machine, this will not
work, even if I install (and register) dbclient.dll. What do I need? The
error message is "Class not registered"

Please also reply by e-mail.

Lars Dybdahl
Dybdahl Engineering
member of Delphi And Paradox Users Group, Denmark

Re:Class not registered, dbclient.dll is...

Ooppss...  My e-mail setting was wrong, but here the correct e-mail address.

Lars Dybdahl
l...@dybdahl.dk

forums.borland.com wrote in message <7igd0s$1...@forums.borland.com>...
>My application consists of a TDatasetProvider and a TClientDataset on the
>same form, that are connected. This way, I can use TClientDataset as a
>memory cache for the data provided.

>When running this on a clean Windows 95 build 950 machine, this will not
>work, even if I install (and register) dbclient.dll. What do I need? The
>error message is "Class not registered"

>Please also reply by e-mail.

>Lars Dybdahl
>Dybdahl Engineering
>member of Delphi And Paradox Users Group, Denmark

Re:Class not registered, dbclient.dll is...

Lars,
The install.delphi newsgroup is just for installation problems of
Delphi. You may want to try posting to another appropriate newsgroup to
get a response.

However, I'd reccomend installing DCOM95 (from MS) on your deployment
machine.

Corbin

--
Corbin Dunn