Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
All the databases use referencial integrety.

Re:Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Robert Allen Schambach <ral...@mail.azstarnet.com> wrote:

>Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
>7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
>following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
>address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
>All the databases use referencial integrety.

Usually reason for getting '...address FFFFFFFF' is you haven't created
object which properties/methods you're accessing. So check your code,
are you sure have called MyObject := TObject.Create(...).

- Ari
Ari Hirviniemi, Lappeenranta, Finland (ari.hirvini...@ktieto.fi)
All my opinions and comments are personal and have nothing to do
with my employer.

Re:Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Robert answered:

Data Pump is a stand alone program that comes with Delphi so I don't
have access to the source code.

Re:Delphi 2.0 - Data Pump doesn't work......

Robert Allen Schambach <ral...@mail.azstarnet.com> wrote:

>Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
>7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
>following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
>address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
>All the databases use referencial integrety.

I have been able to get it to transfer from Interbase to Paradox,
Interrbase to MS SQL (but very slow).

Double check you alias via the Database Desktop to make sure you can
fully access the databases manually.
 - L...@PacX.Com

A guru has made all possible mistakes and remembered each one.

Robert Allen Schambach wrote:

> Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
> 7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
> following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
> address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
> All the databases use referencial integrety.

I don't have specific DataPump experience, but every time I have seen an access violation like you describe it
has been because of calling an un-created object, or sometimes not creating it right.  I have caught myself
trying to do this:

var
  a : tobject;

a.create;

instead of

a := tobject.create;

hope this helps

brian

In article <4kfl8s$...@kuikka.inet.fi>, ari.hirvini...@ktieto.fi (Ari Hirviniemi) writes:
> Robert Allen Schambach <ral...@mail.azstarnet.com> wrote:

>>Has anyone gotten to data pump to work at all? I have tried with Access
>>7 to Paradox, Paradox to Interbase, Paradox to Oracle and alwais get the
>>following error message: Access violation at address 0046CE2E. Read of
>>address FFFFFFFF. I will not pay $75.00 to find out what the problem is.
>>All the databases use referencial integrety.

> Usually reason for getting '...address FFFFFFFF' is you haven't created
> object which properties/methods you're accessing. So check your code,
> are you sure have called MyObject := TObject.Create(...).

> - Ari
> Ari Hirviniemi, Lappeenranta, Finland (ari.hirvini...@ktieto.fi)
> All my opinions and comments are personal and have nothing to do
> with my employer.

Data Pump expert did not work with 520,000 paradox records to interbase.
Always hung after about 200,000 records.

--
Raymond Kennington

ma...@levels.unisa.edu.au

Other Threads