Quirk: Paradox vs dBase SetKey...GotoKey

For multi-field searches, I found that SetKey...GotoKey, Etc. works pretty well
for Paradox files but the equivalent setup for dBase files did NOT work.  I
tried numerous scenarios and scanned the help files.  I could not find anything
to indicate this difference in behavior.

I finally resorted to using the Locate command which worked.  The key thing is
the following declaration which is not obvious.

V := VarArrayOf([value1,value2, value3, etc]);

where "V" is declared as a variant.

This is just for reference.

BDE delphi

Re:Quirk: Paradox vs dBase SetKey...GotoKey

Hi,

SetKey.. GotoKey works fine with dBase as well. You need to have an index on every
field you want to search. We got about 100 tables, 50,000 source lines and
SetKey..GotoKey through the entire Project and everything works fine ...

So long
Tho

Xacc wrote:
> For multi-field searches, I found that SetKey...GotoKey, Etc. works pretty well
> for Paradox files but the equivalent setup for dBase files did NOT work.  I
> tried numerous scenarios and scanned the help files.  I could not find anything
> to indicate this difference in behavior.

> I finally resorted to using the Locate command which worked.  The key thing is
> the following declaration which is not obvious.

> V := VarArrayOf([value1,value2, value3, etc]);

> where "V" is declared as a variant.

> This is just for reference.

> BDE delphi

Other Threads