Problem with registering automation server

I am writing my own automation server but it looks like delphi 5 is
registering the server wrong. The reason why I think this is when I make a
call to initialise the server, it returns the same error if I registered it
and after I unregistered it. In the Windows registry it also doesn't
register it the same way as Word or Excel? Can anyone help me?

Re:Problem with registering automation server

Hi,

Delphi registers  just fine I'm afraid.

You'll need to provide more information as to what exactly your doing.  Did you
use the Delphi wizard to create your automation object, what exactly is the
error messsage you recieve.  Basically all the registration does is put
something along the lines of this into your registry.  You can check (but if
you recieved errors it probably wont be there).

HKey_CLASSESROOT
                            myproject.MyClass
                                        ClassID

IF your afraid delphis doing it wrong go to the run menu and type

regsvr32  mydllpath.dll

This is what windows uses to register dlls.

If this gives you an error I would suggest that something is wrong with your
application.

Toby.

Pieter du Preez wrote:
> I am writing my own automation server but it looks like delphi 5 is
> registering the server wrong. The reason why I think this is when I make a
> call to initialise the server, it returns the same error if I registered it
> and after I unregistered it. In the Windows registry it also doesn't
> register it the same way as Word or Excel? Can anyone help me?

Other Threads