A Free Form DB Grid component that lets you drop virtually any DB component on it

Hi all,

For some time I have been using a DB grid component called taDBMRO. This
wonderfull component acts like a DB Grid in that it shows multiple records
from a DB source. The nice thing about it is that you also associate a panel
with it and drop onto the panel virtually ANY DB aware component in free
form (Edits, labels, Datetime etc etc).

Whats more, anything not currently supported can be added without too much
effort.

The real question is, is there a new, better version of such a component out
there? as far as I can tell you cannot obtain taDBMRO any more and so it
seems to have stagnated. Any thing considered but if it costs BIG MONEY,
then it will need to be considerably better.

Many thanks

Stuart

Re:A Free Form DB Grid component that lets you drop virtually any DB component on it

Hi Stuart!

On Wed, 22 May 2002 22:00:23 +0100, "Stuart Cox"

<stu...@auditmaster.co.uk> wrote:
>The real question is, is there a new, better version of such a component out
>there? as far as I can tell you cannot obtain taDBMRO any more and so it
>seems to have stagnated. Any thing considered but if it costs BIG MONEY,
>then it will need to be considerably better.

What about TDBCtrlGrid on the Data Controls page?

tomi.

Re:A Free Form DB Grid component that lets you drop virtually any DB component on it

Tomi,

Thanks for the reply,

When I went to D5 the first thing I did was see what controls are supported
directly by TDBCtrlGrid. Some that I wanted to use were not and I do not
know how to extend the functionality of TDBCtrlGrid. If there is some
documentation on how to add, say, a DBLookUpList then that would be good.

More to the point how can I add a simple speed button on each panel.

Any suggestions?

Stuart

"Tomislav Kardas" <nomail@sorry> wrote in message

> Hi Stuart!

> On Wed, 22 May 2002 22:00:23 +0100, "Stuart Cox"
> <stu...@auditmaster.co.uk> wrote:

> >The real question is, is there a new, better version of such a component
out
> >there? as far as I can tell you cannot obtain taDBMRO any more and so it
> >seems to have stagnated. Any thing considered but if it costs BIG MONEY,
> >then it will need to be considerably better.

> What about TDBCtrlGrid on the Data Controls page?

> tomi.

Re:A Free Form DB Grid component that lets you drop virtually any DB component on it

Hi Stuart!

On Tue, 28 May 2002 20:50:16 +0100, "Stuart Cox"

<stu...@auditmaster.co.uk> wrote:
>Any suggestions?

I see your problem, but have no idea.

tomi.

Re:A Free Form DB Grid component that lets you drop virtually any DB component on it

ExDBGrid from GJL Software see the Controls property

> Hi Stuart!

> On Tue, 28 May 2002 20:50:16 +0100, "Stuart Cox"
> <stu...@auditmaster.co.uk> wrote:

> >Any suggestions?

> I see your problem, but have no idea.

> tomi.