MS SQL 6.5 And Delphi Memo/Text Problems

On 9 Aug 1996 04:58:17 GMT, "Avi Kohn" <k...@mediaworks.com> you
smacked the keyboard repeatedly to write:

>I am using an MS SQL 6.5 Server on WIN NT.
>On the Client machine which is where I am running Delphi I have installed
>the MS SQL 6.5 drivers and have configured them to work with the database.
>I have also configured the BDE to link to the ODBC drivers. I am having a
>problem that when I try to use the table control Delphi sees the text
>fields which have been defined as six{*word*249} characters in length as Memo
>fields. I can't figure out a way to change this. Is there an update
>available that will solve this problem.

>In addition is there a way that I could access this Database leaving out
>the ODBC or BDE drivers? Will I still be able to use the Table control?

>A personel response in addition to replying to the newsgroup is appreciated

>Avi Kohn
>k...@mediaworks.com

How are you trying to access the fields?  What is the actual type of
the field you are accessing?

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

Re:MS SQL 6.5 And Delphi Memo/Text Problems

[...]

I have been using ODBC with MD SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5 and have had
problems with memo fields. They display as Memo to Large. This was a
Delphi 2.0 bug that was fixed in the CD update.

Your problem may also be related to this bug.

Austin

Re:MS SQL 6.5 And Delphi Memo/Text Problems

I am trying to access a text field it is seeing it as a memo. I am trying
to access it through the table control.

Brien King <bk...@primenet.com> wrote in article <320af0ef.2947532@news>...

On 9 Aug 1996 14:57:10 GMT, "Avi Kohn" <ko...@ix.netcom.com> you
smacked the keyboard repeatedly to write:

>I am trying to access a text field it is seeing it as a memo. I am trying
>to access it through the table control.

Well try this:

        MyString        := MyTable.FieldByName('MyTextField').AsString;

AustinMcCrac...@msn.com (Austin McCracken) wrote:
>Avi,

>I have been using ODBC with MD SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5 and have had
>problems with memo fields. They display as Memo to Large. This was a
>Delphi 2.0 bug that was fixed in the CD update.

>Your problem may also be related to this bug.

>Austin

I just installed the update and that's when I _started_ getting this
error. Peculiar...

Tom McKeon
Softbite International
tmck...@softbite.com
tmck...@ix.netcom.com

Tom McKeon (tmck...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: AustinMcCrac...@msn.com (Austin McCracken) wrote:

: >Avi,
: >
: >I have been using ODBC with MD SQL Server 6.0 and 6.5 and have had
: >problems with memo fields. They display as Memo to Large. This was a
: >Delphi 2.0 bug that was fixed in the CD update.
: >
: >Your problem may also be related to this bug.
: >
: >Austin

: I just installed the update and that's when I _started_ getting this
: error. Peculiar...

: Tom McKeon
: Softbite International
: tmck...@softbite.com
: tmck...@ix.netcom.com

I am having this problems in both version 2.0 and 2.01.

   dirk

Other Threads