pb deploying the BDE5.10 for a MSAccess database

Hello,

I'm with Delphi3.02, BDE5.10, InstallshieldExpress for Delphi3 v1.11.

I've built an application that uses a TDatabase linked to the BDE native
MSAccess driver (=MSACCESS).
I deploy the BDE on a W98 client *that has not MSAccess*, with IDDA3532.dll
(instead of the IDDAO32.dll).
When deployment finishes on the client, i open the BDE administrator:
1st error: 'configuration system file not found'. There i can see that my
MSACCESS1 database is not in my database tab. When i look at the native
driver's configuration tab, MSACCESS DLL32 property is set to IDDAO32.dll
(instead of IDDA3532.dll)
Thus i replace this DLL32 property with IDDA3532.dll.
Then i create (on the client) my MSACCESS1 database that points to to the
.mdb file i want. Now i think my problem is fixed .. and i try to open
MSACCESS1... ->
2nd problem: after BDE administrator asks me the username and password for
MSACCESS1, i click Ok, and then an error message occurs:
"Database engine error:
cannot load IDAPI service library
File: IDDA3532.dll
Alias: MSACCESS1"

Does anybody know what is going wrong?
Thank's for your help
Didier

NB: I put the exact files that the BDE5.10 'readme.txt' told me.

Re:pb deploying the BDE5.10 for a MSAccess database

Sounds like DAO is not installed on the client machine.  The BDE still requires
the DAO engine (either 3.0 or 3.5) to be installed on the client machine.
Borland does not have distribution rights to DOA so can't include it in the BDE
distribution.  MDAC2.0 includes DAO3.5 IIRC so you can install MDAC on the
client to get DAO.  MDAC is availabel from MS' site.  MDAC2.0 is not the newest
one, it is one version ago or so, but is still available the last time I looked.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Other Threads