Can't re-register existing D6 installation after Win XP SP1 reinstalled

Because of problems with Win XP and my DSL link MS support staff told me to
"repair" my Win XP installation; this only made matters worse.  After a lot
of futzing around, thanks to Bill's henchmen, I am back to where I started
EXCEPT that my two-year old installation of Delphi 6.2 is now asking me to
Register.

OK that should be no big deal.

But when I tried by both the Online and Website methods I got all the way
through and was told "Your software has been successfully registered"
immediately followed by another Dialog Box saying "Borland licence
information is either invalid or missing.  You can not run Delphi
without this information."  And so on.  I was in an infinite loop - until I
hit some arbitrary number of registrations.  At which point I am told I need
to contact Borland to "get the number increased".

Well I did three days ago, and am still waiting for their "within 1 business
day" response.  As it stands I can't use Delphi IDE at all, so I'm stuck.

Any suggestions while I twiddle my fingers waiting?  All I want is to get
back to where I was before MS trashed my PC.

Cheers, Paul

Re:Can't re-register existing D6 installation after Win XP SP1 reinstalled

Paul,

Paul Holland wrote:
>But when I tried by both the Online and Website methods I got all the way
>through and was told "Your software has been successfully registered"
>immediately followed by another Dialog Box saying "Borland licence
>information is either invalid or missing.  You can not run Delphi
>without this information."  And so on.  I was in an infinite loop

Try the following suggestion in this article to help you with the
endless registration loop:

http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,29064,00.html

>- until I
>hit some arbitrary number of registrations.  At which point I am told I need
>to contact Borland to "get the number increased".

I would recommend calling in to talk with the registration people
directly to get this issue resolved.  They can bump up your number of
allowed installs while you are on the phone with them.  In the U.S. you
can call 1-888-588-2230

Regards,
Angel

--

Please visit our online support pages at http://www.borland.com/devsupport/

 Angel Martinez (Borland Software Corporation)

 http://info.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/
 http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Can't re-register existing D6 installation after Win XP SP1 reinstalled

Angel,

Thanks for the advice.  The Developer's Network article did the trick (funny
I didn't find it when I searched there before :-) ) .  The call-centre
people attached to the Australian Support line fixed my "number of
registrations" too.

Cheers, Paul