How to hide icons in taskbar?

Hi,

When I have a few forms in a DLL file, each form produces an icon on the
task bar when it is used. How do I do it such that only 1 icon (that of the
application which calls the DLL) shows on the win95 task bar?

Thanks.

Chris.
--
email : ekc...@ntuvax.ntu.ac.sg

Re:How to hide icons in taskbar?

> When I have a few forms in a DLL file, each form produces an icon on the
> task bar when it is used. How do I do it such that only 1 icon (that of
the
> application which calls the DLL) shows on the win95 task bar?

Hmmm.... have a look at the TNoTask component on the Delphi Super
Page ( www.sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi ) and see if it works.  I've never
tried it with .DLLs before.  Please let me know...

--
-----------------------
Eric Lawrence

ekc...@ntuvax.ntu.ac.sg wrote:

: When I have a few forms in a DLL file, each form produces an icon on the
: task bar when it is used. How do I do it such that only 1 icon (that of the
: application which calls the DLL) shows on the win95 task bar?
If you talk about Delphi 1 - this is a bug in forms.pas, the (pseudo) window
that is responsible for the application and the entry in the taskbar has the
wrong type. It can be solved by patching the VCL source:

In TApplication.Create change the CreateWindow to the following

    FHandle := CreateWindow(WindowClass.lpszClassName, ModuleName,
      WS_POPUP or WS_VISIBLE or WS_CLIPSIBLINGS or WS_SYSMENU
       or WS_MINIMIZEBOX or WS_CAPTION,
      GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN) div 2,
      GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYSCREEN) div 2,
      0, 0, 0, 0, HInstance, nil);

Only drawback: in NT4 the icon of the application isn't set correctly, it
seems the WoW-machine of NT4 is too Win3.1 compatible. I haven't found a
solution to this yet, can anyone else help?

Bye,
   Andy

Andreas H"orstemeier                       | "Wenn ist das Nunstueck git
email: a...@scp.de                           | und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund
       a...@farpoint.westend.de            | das Oder die Flipperwaldt
www:   http://www.westend.de/~hoerstemeier | gersput."
fido:     2:2442/4005.3 / 2:2452/108.3     |                  (Monty Python)

Re:How to hide icons in taskbar?

Eric Lawrence <delta...@keynetcorp.net> D?? ???
<01bc6c1d$88801cc0$32c8c8c8@paf>...

> > When I have a few forms in a DLL file, each form produces an icon on
the
> > task bar when it is used. How do I do it such that only 1 icon (that of
> the
> > application which calls the DLL) shows on the win95 task bar?
> Hmmm.... have a look at the TNoTask component on the Delphi Super
> Page ( www.sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi ) and see if it works.  I've never
> tried it with .DLLs before.  Please let me know...

Search results
DSP Database : 2131 records
Match search criteria : 0 files

--