Used Piparti Pro from Digital Metaphors?

Happy new year to Delphi developers everywhere.

Has anyone used Piparti for their application reporting?

Comments, pros, cons etc.....

BTW.  Anyone in the UK seen a distributor for Piparti Pro v2.x?

TIA

Andy Dix

Re:Used Piparti Pro from Digital Metaphors?

In article <01bbf820$c75e2b60$LocalHost@adix>, "Andy Dix" <a...@anglianet.co.uk> wrote:
>Happy new year to Delphi developers everywhere.

>Has anyone used Piparti for their application reporting?

>Comments, pros, cons etc.....

>BTW.  Anyone in the UK seen a distributor for Piparti Pro v2.x?

>TIA

>Andy Dix

I have used Piparti (not the pro version) for several small applications that
are specifically used for executive reporting.  While I would still like to
see some more improvements to the product, I am very pleased with it.  The
integration into the IDE is very nice, it is fast, it lets me do all of my
complex report functions in Delphi as opposed to another language, etc.

The company has continued to release new versions of the product and with the
next release (2.1) and the advent of multiple detail bands my biggest wish
list item will be delivered.

You can download a trial version from the 'net.  I would strongly suggest
road-testing it.

--
Bob McClintock

Re:Used Piparti Pro from Digital Metaphors?

Andy Dix (a...@anglianet.co.uk) wrote:

: Has anyone used Piparti for their application reporting?
: Comments, pros, cons etc.....

I haven't used other tools such as QuickReports or Ace Report, but I'm
happy so far with Piparti.  The cons I found were no auto layout feature
(ie. you had to layout your reports from scratch) and a lack of useful
examples with a SQL database engine.  However the pros are willingness to
respond to user requests (ie. layout feature, multiple detail bands in
latest version) and for me a reasonable upgrade charge (I got in on the
early version).

They now have a Pro version that has new features such as end-user report
design and other advanced stuff that I don't think you will find
anywhere else.  I haven't played with the Pro version yet but I don't
think I'll be disappointed.

Other Threads