Icon not disappearing from taskbar when app done

I have made a small app in Delphi 4 using mostly std. components to form a
sort of digital slide show. Everything OK except when the app closes
sometimes its icon in the windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen is
still displaying after app has closed.

This looks ugly and would like to eliminate it if possible. Thank you.

(Sorry if this is wrong area)

Re:Icon not disappearing from taskbar when app done

On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:05:44 -0700, "Borland" <gary.b...@tesco.net>
wrote:

First -- please change your name to something other than "Borland."
It might be confusing to others.

>This looks ugly and would like to eliminate it if possible. Thank you.

As far as I know, this is a Windows bug.  I happens to me  in
non-Delphi apps as well.  I don't know how to work around it.

Nick Hodges -- TeamB
Xapware Technologies
Search the Newsgroups -- http://www.xapxone.com./html/xaptips_search.htm

Nick Hodges (TeamB) wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:05:44 -0700, "Borland" <gary.b...@tesco.net>
> wrote:

> First -- please change your name to something other than "Borland."
> It might be confusing to others.

> >This looks ugly and would like to eliminate it if possible. Thank
> you.

> As far as I know, this is a Windows bug.  I happens to me  in
> non-Delphi apps as well.  I don't know how to work around it.

> Nick Hodges -- TeamB
> Xapware Technologies
> Search the Newsgroups --
> http://www.xapxone.com./html/xaptips_search.htm

Minimizing the form before closing might help.

Remco

http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/

Re:Icon not disappearing from taskbar when app done

> First -- please change your name to something other than "Borland."
> It might be confusing to others.

Whoops - another bug - am using a Uni supplied client. Sorry!

> As far as I know, this is a Windows bug.  I happens to me  in
> non-Delphi apps as well.  I don't know how to work around it.

Nick, Thanks for the info

"Nick Hodges (TeamB)" <nickhod...@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> As far as I know, this is a Windows bug.  I happens to me  in
> non-Delphi apps as well.  I don't know how to work around it.

The bug appears when you close the app with a form that covers the whole
screen including the taskbar.
The work around is to either minimize the form or resize the form to a
smaller size before closing it.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:Icon not disappearing from taskbar when app done

Thanks everybody for the help,

Gary

Cristian Zujew wrote:
> Your problem is common and very real.

> If you have the lines of code somewhere exists a portion who tells:
> (I have this separate in one process)

> procedure TForm1.NotifyIcon(Value: Word);
> var
>   Data: TNotifyIconData;
> begin
>   Data.cbSize := SizeOf(Data);
>   Data.Wnd := Self.Handle;
>   Data.uId := 0;
>   Data.uFlags := NIF_MESSAGE or NIF_ICON or NIF_TIP;
>   Data.uCallbackMessage := WM_ICONMESSAGE;
>   Data.hIcon := Application.Icon.Handle;
>   StrPLCopy(Data.szTip, Hint, SizeOf(Data.szTip));
>   Shell_NotifyIcon(Value, @Data);
> end;

> To create a try icon this will be use like
>      NotifyIcon(NIM_ADD);

> So if you want to see disappear the icon when the program finish you need to
> add:

> procedure TForm1.FormDestroy(Sender: TObject);
> begin
>      NotifyIcon(NIM_DELETE);
> end;

> I hope this will help you

Not really, because I use D3 and there is no TNotifyIconData.
Matthias, who has the same problem.

Other Threads