MS Access and IB Tables using IB 7

When joining Ms Acces and IB Tables in a querey, perfromance is degraded
compared to Interbase 5.6 using the same configuration.

Both MS access database and IB database are on the same server and the
querey is being run on a client machine.If the querey is run on the server
performance is fine.

Why is there a difference between Version 5.6 and Version 7.

I am using the Easysoft ODBC driver.

Re:MS Access and IB Tables using IB 7

> When joining Ms Acces and IB Tables in a querey, perfromance is degraded
> compared to Interbase 5.6 using the same configuration.

> Both MS access database and IB database are on the same server and the
> querey is being run on a client machine.If the querey is run on the server
> performance is fine.

> Why is there a difference between Version 5.6 and Version 7.

> I am using the Easysoft ODBC driver.

Why are you reposting your question?

--

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase & Firebird
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

Other Threads