looking for a Day View Calendar Component for PIM

Hi,

I'm writing a PIM/timetable application which requires to display
in a 'Outlook' style the appointments of a person during the day.

I tried the Sheridan CalendarWidgets OCX but I don't like it
very much.

Is there anywhere a VCL component to do that stuff? (or a well written
ActiveX)

Please help me

Federico Favero

Re:looking for a Day View Calendar Component for PIM

There's nothing available that we could find. We, too, tried Sheridan's
stuff (and a couple of others), but abandoned it because of Delphi/OCX
problems. In the end, we wrote our own Appointment Scheduler, based on
OnTime's and GoldMine's. It took a while, but it works great and has all the
bells and whistles - calendar view with stretch appointments/meetings and
drag/drop, todo lists, workgroup display, drag/drop list to month to change
appointments, tree views, month view, etc. etc..

Fred

Federico Favero wrote in message <352A0691.77B06...@tvol.it>...
>Hi,

>I'm writing a PIM/timetable application which requires to display
>in a 'Outlook' style the appointments of a person during the day.

>I tried the Sheridan CalendarWidgets OCX but I don't like it
>very much.

>Is there anywhere a VCL component to do that stuff? (or a well written
>ActiveX)

>Please help me

>Federico Favero

Re:looking for a Day View Calendar Component for PIM

Hi Fred,

Is this anything that you are willing to share, or are you planning on
selling this as shareware?

I'm interested.

Thanks.

Brian Armstrong

Fred R. Dalgleish wrote in message <6gg4vo$q...@forums.borland.com>...
>There's nothing available that we could find. We, too, tried Sheridan's
>stuff (and a couple of others), but abandoned it because of Delphi/OCX
>problems. In the end, we wrote our own Appointment Scheduler, based on
>OnTime's and GoldMine's. It took a while, but it works great and has all
the
>bells and whistles - calendar view with stretch appointments/meetings and
>drag/drop, todo lists, workgroup display, drag/drop list to month to change
>appointments, tree views, month view, etc. etc..

>Fred

Re:looking for a Day View Calendar Component for PIM

If you plan to sell as a shareware your component, please tell me.
I'm very interested.

Federico Favero

Fred R. Dalgleish wrote:
> There's nothing available that we could find. We, too, tried Sheridan's
> stuff (and a couple of others), but abandoned it because of Delphi/OCX
> problems. In the end, we wrote our own Appointment Scheduler, based on
> OnTime's and GoldMine's. It took a while, but it works great and has all the
> bells and whistles - calendar view with stretch appointments/meetings and
> drag/drop, todo lists, workgroup display, drag/drop list to month to change
> appointments, tree views, month view, etc. etc..

> Fred

> Federico Favero wrote in message <352A0691.77B06...@tvol.it>...
> >Hi,

> >I'm writing a PIM/timetable application which requires to display
> >in a 'Outlook' style the appointments of a person during the day.

> >I tried the Sheridan CalendarWidgets OCX but I don't like it
> >very much.

> >Is there anywhere a VCL component to do that stuff? (or a well written
> >ActiveX)

> >Please help me

> >Federico Favero

Re:looking for a Day View Calendar Component for PIM

>It took a while, but it works great and has all the
>bells and whistles - calendar view with stretch appointments/meetings and
>drag/drop, todo lists, workgroup display, drag/drop list to month to change
>appointments, tree views, month view, etc. etc..

I'm interested also.

Re:looking for a Day View Calendar Component for PIM

Hi

Me too.

Regards

Peter Crain

Fred R. Dalgleish <nospam.net> wrote in article
<6gg4vo$q...@forums.borland.com>...

> There's nothing available that we could find. We, too, tried Sheridan's
> stuff (and a couple of others), but abandoned it because of Delphi/OCX
> problems. In the end, we wrote our own Appointment Scheduler, based on
> OnTime's and GoldMine's. It took a while, but it works great and has all
the
> bells and whistles - calendar view with stretch appointments/meetings and
> drag/drop, todo lists, workgroup display, drag/drop list to month to
change
> appointments, tree views, month view, etc. etc..

Re:looking for a Day View Calendar Component for PIM

Folks,

It's not designed as a component and would be a fair bit of work to try to
make it into one, or even to create an ActiveForm out of it...

Sorry...regards...

Fred

Fred R. Dalgleish wrote in message <6gg4vo$q...@forums.borland.com>...
>There's nothing available that we could find. We, too, tried Sheridan's
>stuff (and a couple of others), but abandoned it because of Delphi/OCX
>problems. In the end, we wrote our own Appointment Scheduler, based on
>OnTime's and GoldMine's. It took a while, but it works great and has all
the
>bells and whistles - calendar view with stretch appointments/meetings and
>drag/drop, todo lists, workgroup display, drag/drop list to month to change
>appointments, tree views, month view, etc. etc..

Other Threads