BDE 4.51 Problem′s

Hi World.

I live in Denmark, an I use some Paradox tables with Delphi.
When I updatet my BDE to 4.51 all my tables with Danish letters has been
changed.
The langauge driver is still 'Paradox "nordan40"' in the BDE dirver setting
and in my table def.

Please HELP.

If you have an answer on this, please send a copy of your answer to me by
mail.

Regards
Thomas Olsen.

Tho...@TeknoGuide.Dk

Re:BDE 4.51 Problem′s

Check in

This computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\BLW32

there has to be a path to charset.bll

Like LOCALE_LIB2         c:\Programs\Shared\IDAPI\Charset.BLL

The Paradox Nordan40 is a OEM character set (DOS). To show/translate the
characters to the ANSI (Windows) character set BDE needs Charset.BLL. The data
are all right though.

To convert data from one character set to another you need to

1) Create a new table with the desired Language Driver
2) Use the Add command in Paradox or Database Desktop to transfer data from the
old to the new table.

I hope this helps you, I had the problem when installing BDE 4. I am using
Paradox Nordan40 too.

--
Michael

** Remove <junk-mail> to reply. Tired of unwanted mail **

Other Threads