System Tray Programs -> Delphi v2

Folks,

I would like to write an application that monitors a text file and if that
file changes to inform the user by switching between two different icons to
draw attention to itself. The programs normal state would be minimised in
the System Tray.

Are there any freeware components that do the minimising to the SysTray and
then allow the programs icon to be switched from two or more different ones
?. Otherwise could someone give me some tips on how to write the SysTray
application since there doesn't seem to be any in the Help ?.

Thanks in advance,

Martin Searle
Computing Service
UKC

--
Martin Searle BSC(hons) Comp. Sci., |Member of Seasalter Sailing Club
Computing Officer (Computing)           |Owner of : Laser,Pacer & Dart 15

Re:System Tray Programs -> Delphi v2

"Martin Searle" <m...@ukc.ac.uk> wrote in message

> Are there any freeware components that do the minimising to the SysTray
and
> then allow the programs icon to be switched from two or more different
ones
> ?. Otherwise could someone give me some tips on how to write the SysTray
> application since there doesn't seem to be any in the Help ?.

There asre some freeware components you can use. Search on www.torry.ru or
DSP for components that sound like TTrayIcon or TSysTray or whatever. If you
want source code for programming system tray icon management, email me for
some sample code. You can also find some info on systray programming in the
Win32 help file. Search for "Adding and Deleting Taskbar Icons" in the

Christo Crause

Other Threads