Disappearing icons and pointers

I am writing a largish piece of multi-user software in D3 Client Server. For
some strange reason, even though an Icon is set to display on the main form,
and appears on the form when it is visible, the task bar panel displays only
the Delphi "form" icon (irrespective of whether the application is visible, or
minimised.

In the same application, I am working from a reduced set of cursors. An
assignment like Form.Cursor := crHourGlass causes the cursor to disappear
completely. In fact most of the cursors seem to disappear.  The effec is
localised to this one application.

Is this a known issue, have I got a serious problem on my hands, or am I just
being stupid (as usual!)

Thanks for any help!

Mike.
m...@imagitech.co.uk