TreeView drag'n'drop problem + hint problem

I am using the TreeView component to do a database browser similar to the
Borland Database Explorer.

The first problem is that although I haven't set up any of the hint
properties I get spurious hints (the text of which  is taken from the
leaf nodes of my tree) appearing when I move onto a node (only some
nodes).

The second problem is with drag'n'drop (two problems actually).

1) If I try to use the EndDrag method on the tree (particularly in the
OnStartDrag event but this is not the only place) I keep getting access
violation errors.

2) I use the BeginDrag method in the OnMouseDown event. I also have code
in the OnChange event which can take a short while to execute (DB
lookups). When I click on a node where code will take some time to
execute and then move the mouse away from the node, the text that appears
 in the drag 'label' (when I move the mouse again - button still pressed)
is not that of the original node but the text of the node where the mouse
was moved to the first time. I've checked the behaviour of DBExplorer and
that functions fine, does anyone know the solution to this ?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Re:TreeView drag'n'drop problem + hint problem

I can only help you with the first one.

The Hint appears when the Treeview can't display the whole
name of the leaf because is it sto small. This is a part
of the treeview. Try it in Explorer or Registry Editor,
there happens the same thing.

Jonathan Reed <jr...@srd.bt.co.uk> schreef in artikel
<32AE0870.1...@srd.bt.co.uk>...

> I am using the TreeView component to do a database browser similar to the
> Borland Database Explorer.

> The first problem is that although I haven't set up any of the hint
> properties I get spurious hints (the text of which  is taken from the
> leaf nodes of my tree) appearing when I move onto a node (only some
> nodes).

> The second problem is with drag'n'drop (two problems actually).

> 1) If I try to use the EndDrag method on the tree (particularly in the
> OnStartDrag event but this is not the only place) I keep getting access
> violation errors.

> 2) I use the BeginDrag method in the OnMouseDown event. I also have code
> in the OnChange event which can take a short while to execute (DB
> lookups). When I click on a node where code will take some time to
> execute and then move the mouse away from the node, the text that appears
>  in the drag 'label' (when I move the mouse again - button still pressed)
> is not that of the original node but the text of the node where the mouse
> was moved to the first time. I've checked the behaviour of DBExplorer and
> that functions fine, does anyone know the solution to this ?

> Thanks,

> Jonathan.

Other Threads