Capability Not Supported Error

I am getting a "Capability Not Supported Error" when I run my application on any computer other than ones with Delphi installed.
The section of my program that doesn't work after the error is a linked TQuery.  The computers I am testing in on have the BDE
and most of the features of my program work on other systems.  Any ideas how to take care of this?
Thanks in advance.

- Darin Andersen

Re:Capability Not Supported Error

Darin Andersen wrote:

> I am getting a "Capability Not Supported Error" when I run my application on any computer other than ones with Delphi installed.
> The section of my program that doesn't work after the error is a linked TQuery.  The computers I am testing in on have the BDE
> and most of the features of my program work on other systems.  Any ideas how to take care of this?
> Thanks in advance.

> - Darin Andersen

Hello.
 Some databases (like local Paradox) have limited capabilities on
some SQL statements, specially in use with joins and Group By.
May be your problem reside in different databases (and different
capabilities) on the two machines.

Regards
Atle Markeng
DataMar, Oslo - Norway

Re:Capability Not Supported Error

Darin Andersen <sl...@cc.usu.edu>

sl...@cc.usu.edu (Darin Andersen) wrote:
>I am getting a "Capability Not Supported Error" when I run my application on any computer other than ones with Delphi installed.
>The section of my program that doesn't work after the error is a linked TQuery.  The computers I am testing in on have the BDE
>and most of the features of my program work on other systems.  Any ideas how to take care of this?
>Thanks in advance.

You have some sort of error in the syntax of your SQL query.  Why
don't you post the actual SQL statement?

Gregg
SSI

Re:Capability Not Supported Error

In article <1996Jul24.155909.83...@cc.usu.edu>,
   sl...@cc.usu.edu (Darin Andersen) wrote:

>I am getting a "Capability Not Supported Error" when I run my application

on any computer other than ones with Delphi installed.
>The section of my program that doesn't work after the error is a linked

TQuery.  The computers I am testing in on have the BDE
>and most of the features of my program work on other systems.  Any ideas

how to take care of this?

>Thanks in advance.

The latest build of Delphi 2.0 introduced a (some?) BDE bug -- did you
upgrade recently? I was using the Cast operator in some queries (to cast
string numbers to integer numbers), and started getting this message on
those TQueries after upgrading.

Points out the importance of exhaustive regression testing after changes...

--
Brad Aisa <ba...@tor.hookup.net>  http://www.hookup.net/~baisa/

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

Re:Capability Not Supported Error

Hello for everybody!

    Visit:

    Carlos Augusto Webpage

    Internet's news, informations about HTML and JavaScript and more !!!!

    This page is availible on:

    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3248

    My e-mail for feedback are:

    carlos.augusto.morone....@mandic.com.br
    carlos_mac...@geocities.com

    Best Wishes,

    Carlos Augusto Maciel
    carlos.augusto.morone....@mandic.com.br
    Sao Paulo - S.Paulo - Brazil

      +-----------------------------------------------+#
      +-----------------------------------------------+#
      |  Brazil:                                      |#
      |  http://www.mandic.com.br/galeria/carlos.htm  |#
      |  United States:                               |#
      |  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/3248  |#

___
* UniQWK #2517* Boy, am I glad it's only 1971...

Other Threads