Copy II PC and Division by zero

I've been trying to run Copy II PC (by Central Point Software) on my
AMD/233 and it gives me a Division by Zero error. Does anybody know if
this program is written in TP? Or if it's fixable? I thought I might
ask here since it's similar to the CRT 200 problem.

Re:Copy II PC and Division by zero

Erik Anderson wrote:

> I've been trying to run Copy II PC (by Central Point Software) on my
> AMD/233 and it gives me a Division by Zero error. Does anybody know if
> this program is written in TP? Or if it's fixable? I thought I might
> ask here since it's similar to the CRT 200 problem.

Try looking for a copyright owner's name in the .EXE file.

Re:Copy II PC and Division by zero

>I've been trying to run Copy II PC (by Central Point Software) on my
>AMD/233 and it gives me a Division by Zero error. Does anybody know if
>this program is written in TP? Or if it's fixable? I thought I might
>ask here since it's similar to the CRT 200 problem.

It could be that problem, if you find a "Portions Copyright by Borland"
in the file, it's been made with TP, a patch is available at my
homepage. But I suppose it's been written with C. As you may know, alot
of their Programs had a problem with faster machines. Just remember
their CP Backup, it didn't run on slow Pentiums. The only solution is
to clock down your CPU. Or switch of L1 and L2 cache. This makes the
machine also very slow.

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me
take a look @ my homepage: http://sourcenet.home.pages.de/

Erik Anderson wrote:

> I've been trying to run Copy II PC (by Central Point Software) on my
> AMD/233 and it gives me a Division by Zero error. Does anybody know if
> this program is written in TP? Or if it's fixable? I thought I might
> ask here since it's similar to the CRT 200 problem.

On the "patches" page of the TP-links you find a TSR program
from a nice Polish programmer, which could help you.

You do not need to modify the .EXE, but simply install the TSR.
Read the disclaimer.

Regards, Franz Glaser

Other Threads