Delphi 3.0 / Interbase 4 on Novell 3.12

Hi all,

I wrote a new version of my Process Control software to upgrade from Delphi
1 to Delphi3 and tried to install it on a Novell system (my Delphi 1 version
is working fine).  When I ran the program it gave me a error saying that the
server entry could not be found in the LMHOSTS file.  That is a TCP / IP
file, the network is using SPX/IPX.

The question is how to make the BDE / SQL Links use SPX / IPX.  I don't
remember a switch that can be set.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marv

Re:Delphi 3.0 / Interbase 4 on Novell 3.12

As far as I know Interbase does not work with IPX/SPX, it works with TCP/IP.
Did you already install Interbase on the Netware server?

Juan

Borland wrote in message <6ur01o$n...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi all,

>I wrote a new version of my Process Control software to upgrade from Delphi
>1 to Delphi3 and tried to install it on a Novell system (my Delphi 1
version
>is working fine).  When I ran the program it gave me a error saying that
the
>server entry could not be found in the LMHOSTS file.  That is a TCP / IP
>file, the network is using SPX/IPX.

>The question is how to make the BDE / SQL Links use SPX / IPX.  I don't
>remember a switch that can be set.

>Any ideas?

>Thanks,
>Marv

Re:Delphi 3.0 / Interbase 4 on Novell 3.12

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 12:01:47 -0500, "Borland" <mjc...@ibm.net> wrote:

[...]

>The question is how to make the BDE / SQL Links use SPX / IPX.  I don't
>remember a switch that can be set.

You have to change the SERVER NAME setting of your BDE-Alias. Here are
some examples I took from the Operations Guide of Interbase 5. I think
they apply to IB4 as well.

Examples:

Local IB:       D:\users\accting\fin\accrec.gdb
TCP/IP (NT):    venus:D:\users\accting\fin\accred.gdb
NetBEUI:        \\venus\D:\users\accting\fin\accred.gdb
IPX/SPX:        mars@vol2:\accting\fin\accred.gdb

I think you can see the pattern.

Oliver

--