Multi-user paradox table updates.

Hi,

Using Delphi 5 and Paradox tables:-

I have a test program which is simply a table linked to a DBGrid to display
the key field.
I run two instances of the program which both access the same table.

When one instance deletes a record, how can this be detected in the other
instance, so that the table can be refreshed and hence the DBGrid updated to
display the current keys?

I could refresh the table periodically using a timer, but this is hardly
efficient or elegant.

Many thanks
Kerin

Re:Multi-user paradox table updates.

On 11 Sep 2002, "Kerin" <ker...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Using Delphi 5 and Paradox tables

Try borland.public.delphi.database.desktop

--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:Multi-user paradox table updates.

Hi,

Went there - no joy :-(

Kerin

Kerin wrote in message <3d7f4df...@newsgroups.borland.com>...
>Hi,

>Using Delphi 5 and Paradox tables:-

>I have a test program which is simply a table linked to a DBGrid to display
>the key field.
>I run two instances of the program which both access the same table.

>When one instance deletes a record, how can this be detected in the other
>instance, so that the table can be refreshed and hence the DBGrid updated
>display the current keys?

>I could refresh the table periodically using a timer, but this is hardly
>efficient or elegant.

It's the only way. Paradox tables work in multiuser env, but are far from
efficient. Whatever operation you do, each client must download tables AND
thier indexes. Instead, you should use an SQL server like Interbase and you
won't have headaches when the number of users grow.
--
Robert

Other Threads