Access 2000 an BDE Codepage-Problem

Hi,
I have a problem importing or linking Paradox data into access 2000.
I use the Borland Database Engine  (V4.x).
My Problem:
I can link (or import) the table but i get the wrong characterset (content
and fieldnames). The paradox-tables seems to use an oder codepage than
access (ANSI/ASCII?). All ?,?,, etc. ar represented in ACCESS as some kind
of special character or black square.
Do I have the possibility to configure the translation of the characterset
at the importdriver-level in acces (or somewhere else). I can't change the
data because the paradox-Application needs this characterset.

Thanks for any help
Jrg