Not Calling Main form OnCreate

I have a D4 program that is in use by many users. After a recent change
3
machines at one user get a GPF when they start the program.  I put in
some showmessages to determine what the cause was and found that
at those 3 workstations the Main form OnCreate was not called.  It
just immediately goes to OnActivate and then crashes.  Any ideas???

Re:Not Calling Main form OnCreate

I would check the dpr unit to see if
the createform lines are there.  Make a new
project if you are not sure what the lines should look like.
Also check the project options to make sure that
the Mainform is an autocreated form.  It should be
failing at all sites though so I don't see how this could be
the problem.

Susan Clubine <sclub...@videon.wave.ca> wrote in message

> I have a D4 program that is in use by many users. After a recent change
> 3
> machines at one user get a GPF when they start the program.  I put in
> some showmessages to determine what the cause was and found that
> at those 3 workstations the Main form OnCreate was not called.  It
> just immediately goes to OnActivate and then crashes.  Any ideas???

Re:Not Calling Main form OnCreate

what are the nature of the changes ? software / hardware ?
does it happen only with one user ? only at those 3 workstations ?
Susan Clubine wrote in message <380C93FB.308F3...@videon.wave.ca>...
>I have a D4 program that is in use by many users. After a recent change
>3
>machines at one user get a GPF when they start the program.  I put in
>some showmessages to determine what the cause was and found that
>at those 3 workstations the Main form OnCreate was not called.  It
>just immediately goes to OnActivate and then crashes.  Any ideas???

Re:Not Calling Main form OnCreate

The dpr file is fine.  Don't forget this program works properly
at my other clients and even at this client on 6 workstations.  It
is just these 3 computers that skip the OnCreate part and go
straight to the OnActivate part.
Art Begun wrote:
> I would check the dpr unit to see if
> the createform lines are there.  Make a new
> project if you are not sure what the lines should look like.
> Also check the project options to make sure that
> the Mainform is an autocreated form.  It should be
> failing at all sites though so I don't see how this could be
> the problem.

> Susan Clubine <sclub...@videon.wave.ca> wrote in message
> > I have a D4 program that is in use by many users. After a recent
> change
> > 3
> > machines at one user get a GPF when they start the program.  I put
> in
> > some showmessages to determine what the cause was and found that
> > at those 3 workstations the Main form OnCreate was not called.  It
> > just immediately goes to OnActivate and then crashes.  Any ideas???

Re:Not Calling Main form OnCreate

Video driver?
Windows 95/98/98se?

Re:Not Calling Main form OnCreate

>I have a D4 program that is in use by many users. After a recent change
>3
>machines at one user get a GPF when they start the program.  I put in
>some showmessages to determine what the cause was and found that
>at those 3 workstations the Main form OnCreate was not called.  It
>just immediately goes to OnActivate and then crashes.  Any ideas???

Susan,
Probably when you are creating your forms/data modules, you are trying to
access a component from main form before it to be created. It can happen
only in some cases, depending on your program, like application did not find
a table or an alias. So that's why you it do not run only there. You have to
put messages in OnCreate methods those forms that you create before main
form. So I think you will find where the application try to access mainform
onActivate. You also can simulate the customer's environment and debbug.

Sorry poor english.

Anderson Franco.

Other Threads