FindKey kills keyboard input ?

Using Table1.FindKey(..) on large Paradox tables SOMETIMES kills the
keyboard buffer input.

1. Table1.FindKey(..) is used in Edit1.OnChange to update fields, but the
text in Edit1 SOMETIMES looses keystrokes.

2. Why ?

3. Do I have to load the database Keys in memory to only lookup (call
FindKey) when there IS an exact match.

Regards  t...@pls.dk

Re:FindKey kills keyboard input ?

In article <01bc56de$f7411fa0$1e54efc2@pc250>,
   "Terkild Holst" <t...@pls.dk> wrote:

>Using Table1.FindKey(..) on large Paradox tables SOMETIMES kills the
>keyboard buffer input.

OnChange might not be the best way when linked to a search. Maybe on exit would work better.

>1. Table1.FindKey(..) is used in Edit1.OnChange to update fields, but the
>text in Edit1 SOMETIMES looses keystrokes.

>2. Why ?
>3. Do I have to load the database Keys in memory to only lookup (call
>FindKey) when there IS an exact match.

Try do the search after all the keys a typed in. ( OnExit)

Marcel

Other Threads