Translate Assembler to Pascal

Hi,
if  I have a programe in assembler, is it possible to translate it in
pascal(with a program)? Are there fore some programs.

Sorry for my bad english and thanx to everybody who answered my question
or who will answer.

In German:

Wenn ich ein Program in Assembler habe, gibt es dann ein Program, das es
mir nach Pascal bersetzt?

Re:Translate Assembler to Pascal

Pascal.becker wrote in message <360FE328.38B3E...@snafu.de>...
>Hi,
>if  I have a programe in assembler, is it possible to translate it in
>pascal(with a program)? Are there fore some programs.

>Sorry for my bad english and thanx to everybody who answered my
question
>or who will answer.

>In German:

>Wenn ich ein Program in Assembler habe, gibt es dann ein Program, das
es
>mir nach Pascal bersetzt?

Unlikely, since you can do things in assembler that would be
difficult, or at least done differently, in Pascal. But it may not be
necessary in any case. If there are only a few assembler routines, and
it's in 8086 .. 80286 code then you may be able to get it to assemble
using the inline assembler (what version of Pascal do you have? The
earlier versions had no inline assembler). Otherwise, you may be able
to write a Pascal interface to the assembler routines, using
"External". Your assembler code will have to meet several requirements
as regards segment names, parameter passing and preservation of
registers. If you have Pascal 7, look up chapters 24 & 25 in the
Language guide for examples. That's where it is in my copy, I assume
you have the German translation but maybe the chapter numbers will be
the same.

Incidentally, Prof. Timo wrote on 1997/12/19 in this newsgroup:
P.S. This is an international net where all languages are allowed
and welcome. Please be aware, however, that the best rate of
understanding among the readers is reached my using English.

It would be nice to think that this was still true - that people would
not be flamed for posting in their own languages. Is it part of the
group's charter, if there is such a thing?

FP

Other Threads