how: don't want my app appear in the taskbar

Philippe Rousselot <rouss...@corail.plg.u-nancy.fr> wrote:
>hi,

>what should I so that my app does not appear in the taskbar ?

>answer here or at knip...@plg.u-nancy.fr

        Philippe,
        As far as I know, if your application has a main form that
is visible, it will appear in the taskbar.  If your app is designed
to run without a visible main window, e.g. always minimized, you
can add this code to your project source:

  Application.Initialize;

  { add this, and add Windows to the "uses" clause }
  ShowWindow(Application.handle, SW_HIDE);

  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Application.Run;

This will hide your application until a window is displayed.

                                                        Fritz

"Puer! Oh puer, oh puer!" Which, as  |   Fritz Lowrey
any first year latin student knows,  |   jlow...@ucs.usc.edu
means, "Boy! Oh boy, oh boy!"        |
                  Carry on Cleo      |

Re:how: don't want my app appear in the taskbar

hi,

what should I so that my app does not appear in the taskbar ?

answer here or at knip...@plg.u-nancy.fr

Re:how: don't want my app appear in the taskbar

> what should I so that my app does not appear in the taskbar ?

Use the search engine on www.sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi to search
for the term "Taskbar"

--
--------------------------
Eric Lawrence

Re:how: don't want my app appear in the taskbar

Philippe,

prouve cela:

FormXX.Create
  // Hide from Taskbar
  ShowWindow(FindWindow (nil,@Application.Title[1]),sw_hide);

! Vive les Hautes Alpes !

HtH
   Markus
- - - - -
Markus Korsmeier, MKIS, Muenster, Germany
MKor...@aol.com (delete the -- )
Visit our homepage at
http://members.aol.com/MKors/mkis.htm
hope you enjoy it :-)))

Philippe Rousselot <rouss...@corail.plg.u-nancy.fr> schrieb im Beitrag
<332D955D.5...@corail.plg.u-nancy.fr>...

> hi,

> what should I so that my app does not appear in the taskbar ?

> answer here or at knip...@plg.u-nancy.fr

Re:how: don't want my app appear in the taskbar

That worked, but im using plugin for Win3.11 and the application still
remains in the Task List. I run some apps that doesnt appear neither
the desktop as an icon neither the plugin-tasklist. Totally Invisible.
Do you have any idea how can i do that ???

thanx in advance.

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 19:40:14 GMT, jlow...@ucs.usc.edu (Fritz Lowrey)
wrote:

>Philippe Rousselot <rouss...@corail.plg.u-nancy.fr> wrote:

>>hi,

>>what should I so that my app does not appear in the taskbar ?

>>answer here or at knip...@plg.u-nancy.fr

>    Philippe,
>    As far as I know, if your application has a main form that
>is visible, it will appear in the taskbar.  If your app is designed
>to run without a visible main window, e.g. always minimized, you
>can add this code to your project source:

>  Application.Initialize;

>  { add this, and add Windows to the "uses" clause }
>  ShowWindow(Application.handle, SW_HIDE);

>  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
>  Application.Run;

>This will hide your application until a window is displayed.

>                                                    Fritz

>"Puer! Oh puer, oh puer!" Which, as  |   Fritz Lowrey
>any first year latin student knows,  |   jlow...@ucs.usc.edu
>means, "Boy! Oh boy, oh boy!"        |
>                  Carry on Cleo      |

Other Threads