Register Classes missing or incorrect?!?

I'm working in D1 on a fairly large project and after trying to delete a
bevel that I'd just added I got this message: "Error in module: Call to
RegisterClasses is missing or incorrect". This isn't the first time that
I've encountered this problem. I don't remember the details but since it
was early on in the project after trying a number of things I ended up
starting over. Well this project is just too big to justify starting
over unless I really have to.

Anybody have any idea what's going on and especially how to fix this
problem? I've tried a few things including:

- Closed project and reopened.
- Used the text edit mode to remove references to the TBevel from my DFM
file. I also removed it from the PAS file.
- Tried to run Rebuild.
- Rebuilt the library. I didn't think this would make a difference but
I'm getting desperate.

HELPPPPP! Oh and thanks a lot for your help.

Mitch (mi...@rockware.com)

Re:Register Classes missing or incorrect?!?

> I'm working in D1 on a fairly large project and after trying to delete a
> bevel that I'd just added I got this message: "Error in module: Call to
> RegisterClasses is missing or incorrect". This isn't the first time that
> I've encountered this problem. I don't remember the details but since it
> was early on in the project after trying a number of things I ended up
> starting over. Well this project is just too big to justify starting
> over unless I really have to.

> Anybody have any idea what's going on and especially how to fix this
> problem? I've tried a few things including:

> - Closed project and reopened.

Ouch!  I've had that happen a few times, but opening and closing the
project
was always sufficient.  If the code is not sensitive, you could EMAIL it to
me
and I'll have a look at it.

--
--------------------------
Eric Lawrence

Mitch Wolberg wrote:

> I'm working in D1 on a fairly large project and after trying to delete a
> bevel that I'd just added I got this message: "Error in module: Call to
> RegisterClasses is missing or incorrect". This isn't the first time that
> I've encountered this problem. I don't remember the details but since it
> was early on in the project after trying a number of things I ended up
> starting over. Well this project is just too big to justify starting
> over unless I really have to.

> Anybody have any idea what's going on and especially how to fix this
> problem? I've tried a few things including:

> - Closed project and reopened.
> - Used the text edit mode to remove references to the TBevel from my DFM
> file. I also removed it from the PAS file.
> - Tried to run Rebuild.
> - Rebuilt the library. I didn't think this would make a difference but
> I'm getting desperate.

> HELPPPPP! Oh and thanks a lot for your help.

> Mitch (mi...@rockware.com)

Check that the final "end." in the PAS file hasn't got accidentally
deleted or corrupted. If this statement is missing Delphi 1 gives the
error you describe (Delphi 2 gives a more sensible error message).

Chris

Other Threads