The Concatinator; A slick little program

I have written a program in Pascal that will take those large files
that will not fit on a floppy and store them onto multiple floppies.
Therefore, freeing up valuable HD space by removing all those big
files from your HD.

The code is finished and debuged.  I would like some help in making
this a better program and in looking at things I may have missed.
Ideas for latter versions would be nice too.  (Look forward to
encryption and password protection in later versions!)

I do not plan to release the code to the public.  If you would like to
take a peek at this please let me know.

Thanks!
Jack Neely
hne...@ac.net
http://www.ac.net/~hneely/

Re:The Concatinator; A slick little program

hne...@ac.net (Jack Neely) writes:
> I have written a program in Pascal that will take those large files
> that will not fit on a floppy and store them onto multiple floppies.
> Therefore, freeing up valuable HD space by removing all those big
> files from your HD.

If you need to... - I hate to think of all the time sitting there and swapping
floppies. Besides, HD space is cheaper than FD space, at least here and now...

> The code is finished and debuged.  I would like some help in making
> this a better program and in looking at things I may have missed.
> Ideas for latter versions would be nice too.  (Look forward to
> encryption and password protection in later versions!)

> I do not plan to release the code to the public.  If you would like to
> take a peek at this please let me know.

Are you aware that such software already exists? Take e.g. ARJ, which can
not only split archives onto several volumes, and offers (kind of) encryption,
but can also compress the data to save space (or not compress them to save
time, if you tell it to). So I don't see what your program does what other
programs can't.

Frank

Other Threads