Automation Object X COM Object

I don't know if this is the right place for this post, so if not I'm sorry -
and I'll be thankfull to anyone who could point me the right place.

I'd like to know what are the diferences between "Automation Object" and
"COM Object" by mean of usability and so.

I'm new in this subject... and I'm going to implement a functionality that
will be avaible to all of my apps... I was going to do a DLL but then I
dicided to do something better - so here I am. Then I got to the above
question - remenber I don't whant an EXE file but a Library (like an DLL).

Thanks to any help and sugestions.
Regards.

Re:Automation Object X COM Object

 For COM DLL's the easiest way (in my opinion) is to create an ActiveX
Library project, and add an Automation object to it.  I think that the "COM
Object" item does not give you the dual interface that an "Automation
Object" selection does.  I like the Automation Object because using the
Co-class to create the object is easy and fast.
-Howard

Re:Automation Object X COM Object

Thanks for your comments Howard,

by the way... is there any diferences between implementing it as a library
(DLL) or an executable (EXE) ?? that I should take into account ??

Regards.

On Fri, 10 May 2002 13:39:07 -0300, "Anderson de Farias" <afarias...@ig.com.br>
wrote:

>I'd like to know what are the diferences between "Automation Object" and
>"COM Object" by mean of usability and so.

An Automation Object is more versatile.  It can be used with clients
written in both compiled and scripting COM-aware languages.  It
also has type information included.  So even some scripting languages
can do parameter type checking.

Check out
www.techvanguards.com

for tutorials and intoductory info.