Unknown Error-Can't retrieve Plan

Hello,
 (
Unknown Error-Can't retrieve Plan

)
  I get this error when doing a select statemen from a (select) procedure
from IBConsole. The procedure gets executed correctly.... any hints about
this?

TIA

Re:Unknown Error-Can't retrieve Plan

Ernesto wrote:
>   I get this error when doing a select statemen from a (select)
> procedure from IBConsole. The procedure gets executed correctly....
> any hints about this?

        IBX raises an error when IB doesn't return a PLAN, which it doesn't
always.  IBConsole -- or at least the version you have -- isn't eating
it.  Make sure you have the latest version of IBConsole from Jeff
Overcash's page on http://codecentral.borland.com.

        -Craig

Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
InterBase Perf. Monitor : http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPerformanceMonitor
InterBase PLANalyzer 1.1: http://delphi.weblogs.com/IBPLANalyzer

Re:Unknown Error-Can't retrieve Plan

Yes - I have a few s/procs that "fabricate" datasets without selecting
anything from tables at all, so no plan is involved and this "error" is
perfectly normal....

--
Brent Rose
brentr...@paradise.net.nz

Re:Unknown Error-Can't retrieve Plan

Also any plans that are over a certain length will not be returned (somewhere
between 1 & 4K depending on the version of the server).

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line.  Just a

Other Threads