Memo Fields X Quick Report

How can I print a Memo Field with Quick Report, keeping the line feeds
inside the memo?
I tried to use QRMemo1.Add(Table1.FieldByName('MemoField').AsString)
at the DetailBand 'Before Print' but every line feed was transformed
in tiny rectangles, with all the lines appearing joined as they were a
single one.
Thanks,
Marcio

Re:Memo Fields X Quick Report

I don't know if this will solve your problem or not (I think it will)
but don't use QRMemo with database memo fields.  Use QRDBText instead
with the autostretch property set to true.  This is what the QR
documentation recommends.  I'm not really sure why they included a
QRMemo.

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 13:46:56 GMT, ehrl...@pobox.com (Marcio Ehrlich)
wrote:

>How can I print a Memo Field with Quick Report, keeping the line feeds
>inside the memo?
>I tried to use QRMemo1.Add(Table1.FieldByName('MemoField').AsString)
>at the DetailBand 'Before Print' but every line feed was transformed
>in tiny rectangles, with all the lines appearing joined as they were a
>single one.
>Thanks,
>Marcio

==================================
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services
Phone: 919-966-5878
Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:Memo Fields X Quick Report

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:53:57 GMT, l...@email.ais.unc.edu (Ray Porter)
wrote:

>I don't know if this will solve your problem or not (I think it will)
>but don't use QRMemo with database memo fields.  Use QRDBText instead
>with the autostretch property set to true.  This is what the QR
>documentation recommends.  I'm not really sure why they included a
>QRMemo.

It did work, thanks.
But it puzzles me also.
There must be a reason for the existence of QRMemo while QRDBMemo does
not exist.

[ ]s,
Marcio

Re:Memo Fields X Quick Report

Surely the reason for the existence of the QRMemo is the
lines property to break lines. I use it quite a lot to get
free form text into a summary band.

Nick Spurrier (MoDESoft, UK)

Other Threads