Problem fetching SQL 6.5 Records with Delphi 3.0

I am currently developing a client server application using Delphi 3 to
develop the front end, to access a SQL 6.5 Database. The problem I am having
is that my program insists on fetching all records for a query after I post
a record to a TTable/TQuery that  is pointing to the same table as the first
query. I have tried all options listed on the following link, with no
success.

http://www.inprise.com/bde/speedtips.html

I have also tried using a second Tdatabase component, one Tdatabase
component is read only , used for listing records, and the other was for
writing records to the database.

I have experienced this problem on interbase which was fixed by setting the
vendor driver flags to soft commits.

Is there a similiar fix for SQL Server.

Re:Problem fetching SQL 6.5 Records with Delphi 3.0

>> The problem I am having is that my program insists on fetching all records for a query after I post
>>a record to a TTable/TQuery that  is pointing to the same table as the first
>>query

If you use CachedUpdates, you'll have total control over when the data gets refreshed....
You'll also need to add logic that applies the updates, however...

For a good resource on using Cached Updates see:

http://www.kallista.com/TechPapers/CachedUpdate/Cached%20Updates.html

=Bill=

Other Threads