parallel port for data acquisition. Need help too!

Hi to all programmers

Below another person asked for receiving information from his parellel port.
I also need to receive information in this way. I have studied the
principles of parellel ports. I need the commands and also the procedures to
read the information. You can contact be at rstopfo...@hotmail.com

I will really appreciate it.

Riaan

Re:parallel port for data acquisition. Need help too!

Riaan Stopforth wrote in message <8h9fot$k6...@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>...
>Hi to all programmers

>Below another person asked for receiving information from his parellel
port.
>I also need to receive information in this way. I have studied the
>principles of parellel ports. I need the commands and also the procedures
>read the information. You can contact be at rstopfo...@hotmail.com

>I will really appreciate it.

>Riaan

Have a look at FAQPAS1, Question 15. These FAQs are posted
weekly in this newsgroup by Prof. T. Salmi.

KlausL

P.S. Asking for replies to an EMail address is frowned upon in newsgroups.
The feeling is that if you ask for someone to assist you then you should be
prepared to go to the trouble of checking the replies in the newsgroup.

Re:parallel port for data acquisition. Need help too!

On Sat 03 Jun 2000 07:29:59a,  In article
<3938e...@news.internex.net.au>,

NotReceivingFEL.Consult...@attglobal.net (KlausL) wrote:

>Riaan Stopforth wrote in message <8h9fot$k6...@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net>...
>>Hi to all programmers

>>Below another person asked for receiving information from his parellel
>port.
>>I also need to receive information in this way. I have studied the
>>principles of parellel ports. I need the commands and also the
>>procedures
>>read the information. You can contact be at rstopfo...@hotmail.com

>>I will really appreciate it.

>>Riaan

>Have a look at FAQPAS1, Question 15. These FAQs are posted
>weekly in this newsgroup by Prof. T. Salmi.

Timo's FAQ is very useful for many things, but there are many
technical issues of interest to Turbo Pascal programmers on which
it is silent.   How to use the parallel port for data acquisition
and control is one of them.

He won't find the information he is seeking in Timo's FAQ;  Question 15 is
"How can I test that the printer is ready".

It contains no information at all about what ports to use to output data
and what ports to use to input data and what pins the data will appear on
etc.

Here is what is needed:
http://et.nmsu.edu/~etti/fall96/computer/printer/printer.html

Other Threads