PARADOX FROMAT-MASK-DEFs no act in TDBEdit??

Im just an beginner in Paradox, because I got sick of all that
input-evaluation for DBASE-database-fields.
To use the long fieldname, to have the serialfield, to have the default
values, range-checkings as well as the requirerances were inlighting me.
So it was quite easy to create by the Databaseexpert a form.
But was what made me confusion ist, that the setting for the
input-formating-mask dont seams to act on the input of the
TDBEdit-component.
e.g. '!*@' make the first character in uppercase and the rest as typed.
This can be easily excamine while adding or edition a field in DBD.
But inside the appl. in the TDBEdit the is no effect. Does this mean,
that
I nevertheless have to make settings in the editmast-property of the
tString-componet which comes along with ttable?? Or what is to set
there?

I'm also hunting for a format-macro for decimals with dec-seperator ','!

May I ask you humple for your kind assistance ??

Klaus
pls. also CC: me at CEMA...@T-ONLINE.DE