Accessing info on web page

I want to get stock quotes off of a web page with
my Delphi program.  I know that using shellexecute
will start the web browser and point it to a specific
url.  How do I access the html that the web browser
is displaying?

Thank you for any help,

vaporlock

Remove NO SPAM from my email address to reply.

Re:Accessing info on web page

You really don't have to use a web browser at all if you just want to
s{*word*99}e data off of a web page.

Actually, your biggest task is determining exactly what data you want
off of the web site and if it exists in an HTML form (rather than on a
Java Applet, for instance).

If your program knows how to send a request to the web page's server,
and the server responds with the data you're interested in, you can use
any of the network objects like NMHTTP, PowerSocket (use port 80), etc,
to connect to the web server and read its response into a memo or other
text component.

Your next task would be to parse the data you received to slurp out the
information you wanted to read with your Delphi app. and then do what
you want to do with it.

      - Alex Olshove

In article <odu6cs4db9mku4slvpt1d113jobku5t...@4ax.com>,

--
----------------------------------
Visit The Hovercraft Homepage

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Accessing info on web page

If you're using D5, you can use the NMHTTP component on the FaastNet page
(can't remember if it was there < d5 or not).  You just call the 'get'
method to retrieve the HTML.

vaporlock <vaporloc...@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> I want to get stock quotes off of a web page with
> my Delphi program.  I know that using shellexecute
> will start the web browser and point it to a specific
> url.  How do I access the html that the web browser
> is displaying?

> Thank you for any help,

> vaporlock

> Remove NO SPAM from my email address to reply.

Other Threads