Question about the LOG on MSSQL7

When I have inserted/edited alot of records within a transaction, the log
of course grows. But when I COMMIT or ROLLBACK the log is not truncated to
the point it was before.
Anyone seen this before?

I use a storedprocedure for inserting/updating.

Jacob Pedersen
J.Peder...@techotel.dk

Re:Question about the LOG on MSSQL7

Log file contains record of all transactions (who,when and what), so it is
never automatically deleted.
When you run backup utility, it can truncate the backed up portion of log
file.

--
----------------------
Regards

Jacob Pedersen wrote in message

<8EF170EACjpedersentecho...@207.105.83.62>...
>When I have inserted/edited alot of records within a transaction, the log
>of course grows. But when I COMMIT or ROLLBACK the log is not truncated to
>the point it was before.
>Anyone seen this before?

>I use a storedprocedure for inserting/updating.

>Jacob Pedersen
>J.Peder...@techotel.dk

Other Threads