How to change user passwords in app

I'm creating an application with Delphi 5 and Interbase 6.

I've finally got my head around the concept of roles for users, but I'm
unsure how to let users change their passwords. I think I read somewhere
that only SYSDBA can update user security information in the Interbase
security database. Is this the case?

If only SYSDBA can change a user's password, then I guess I'm stuck with
it.

Any ideas?

Bill

Re:How to change user passwords in app

> I've finally got my head around the concept of roles for users, but I'm
> unsure how to let users change their passwords. I think I read somewhere
> that only SYSDBA can update user security information in the Interbase
> security database. Is this the case?

Yes, but there are some possibilities how to change this default behaviour.
You can find document about it here:
  http://www.volny.cz/iprenosil/interbase

--
Ivan