Corrupt Paradox table ?

I use Paradox table with Delphi 4 Pro (French). Sometime, I receive a error
message telling me that the blob field has been modified or my application
freeze on a specific record. To resolve this problem, I compact my table
with the Database Module.

Whats going on ???

Thanks !

Re:Corrupt Paradox table ?

"Sylvain Lafrance" <s...@globetrotter.net> wrote in message

> I use Paradox table with Delphi 4 Pro (French). Sometime, I receive a
error
> message telling me that the blob field has been modified or my application
> freeze on a specific record. To resolve this problem, I compact my table
> with the Database Module.

Often this problem can be traced to an application dying before table
buffers have been flushed. Setting Local Share to true is a quick and easy
way to minimize the problem.

> Whats going on ???

> Thanks !

Re:Corrupt Paradox table ?

Table corruption is generally caused by a disk update that did not
happen, or that was "lost," or that occurred with inaccurate or
out-of-date information.  The support pages for BDE at borland.com, and
the support-pages for Paradox at corel.com, both have a lot of
information about how to configure your system to minimize table
corruption problems.  You should also select and use a table-repair tool
that is capable of restoring your database to service as quickly as
possible.