Board index » delphi » Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2

Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2

Hello Bill,

Thanx for your answer but the problem is that DBE50 is installed and the
error stays te same :

Application Error

Exception EDatabaseError in module EVACOO.EXE at 0018:11EB.

Anerror while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error
$2108).

If you can help me i would be most greatfull !

Robb...@a12.nl

 

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


When you start a discussion with someone it is very important that you reply
to the message your received instead of starting a new thread. When you
start a new thread I have no way to look back at prior messages to refresh
my memory about your problem and what has been tried so far (an my memory
needs refreshing frequently <g>).

Was this a full BDE installation or a partial installation?
Search your hard drive and see if there is more than one copy of
IDAPI32.DLL. If so note the folders in which they are installed.
Using RegEdit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine.
Under this key you should find two values named DLLPath and ConfigFile01.
What folder do they point to?

Bill

--
Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


Oke is first time one newsgroup !
A full istallation !

Borland Regedit:
REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine]
"DLLPATH"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Borland Shared\\BDE"
"RESOURCE"="0009"
"CONFIGFILE01"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Borland
Shared\\BDE\\IDAPI32.CFG"
"UseCount"="1"
"SaveConfig"="WIN32"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\SYSTEM]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\SYSTEM\INIT]
"VERSION"="4.0"
"LOCAL SHARE"="FALSE"
"MINBUFSIZE"="128"
"MAXBUFSIZE"="2048"
"LANGDRIVER"="ANSIINTL"
"MAXFILEHANDLES"="48"
"SYSFLAGS"="0"
"LOW MEMORY USAGE LIMIT"="32"
"AUTO ODBC"="FALSE"
"DEFAULT DRIVER"="PARADOX"
"MEMSIZE"="16"
"SHAREDMEMSIZE"="2048"
"SHAREDMEMLOCATION"=""
"DATA REPOSITORY"=""
"SQLQRYMODE"=""
"MTS POOLING"="FALSE"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\SYSTEM\FORMATS]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\SYSTEM\FORMATS\DATE]
"SEPARATOR"="-"
"MODE"="1"
"FOURDIGITYEAR"="FALSE"
"YEARBIASED"="TRUE"
"LEADINGZEROM"="TRUE"
"LEADINGZEROD"="FALSE"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\SYSTEM\FORMATS\TIME]
"TWELVEHOUR"="FALSE"
"AMSTRING"="AM"
"PMSTRING"="PM"
"SECONDS"="TRUE"
"MILSECONDS"="FALSE"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\SYSTEM\FORMATS\NUMBER]
"DECIMALSEPARATOR"=","
"THOUSANDSEPARATOR"="."
"DECIMALDIGITS"="2"
"LEADINGZERON"="TRUE"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\DRIVERS]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\PARADOX]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\PARADOX\INIT]
"VERSION"="4.0"
"TYPE"="FILE"
"LANGDRIVER"="ANSIINTL"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\PARADOX\TABLE CREATE]
"LEVEL"="7"
"BLOCK SIZE"="2048"
"FILL FACTOR"="95"
"STRICTINTEGRTY"="TRUE"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\DBASE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\DBASE\INIT]
"VERSION"="4.0"
"TYPE"="FILE"
"LANGDRIVER"="DBWINWE0"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\DBASE\TABLE CREATE]
"LEVEL"="7"
"MDX BLOCK SIZE"="1024"
"MEMO FILE BLOCK SIZE"="1024"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\FOXPRO]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\FOXPRO\INIT]
"VERSION"="4.0"
"TYPE"="FILE"
"LANGDRIVER"="DBWINUS0"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\FOXPRO\TABLE CREATE]
"LEVEL"="25"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\MSACCESS]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\MSACCESS\INIT]
"VERSION"="1.0"
"TYPE"="SERVER"
"DLL32"="IDDAO32.DLL"
"DRIVER FLAGS"=""
"TRACE MODE"="0"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database
Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\MSACCESS\DB OPEN]
"DATABASE NAME"="DRIVE:/PATH/DATABASE.MDB"
"USER NAME"=""
"OPEN MODE"="READ/WRITE"
"LANGDRIVER"=""
"SYSTEM DATABASE"=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\REPOSITORIES]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Borland\BLW32]
"BLAPIPATH"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Borland Shared\\BDE"

WIN.INI entry's:
[IDAPI]
DLLPATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE
CONFIGFILE01=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\IDAPI32.CFG
[Borland Language Drivers]
LDPath=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE

Mayby i can sent you the program it's 1,128kB big and only use c:\ and idapi

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> wrote in message
news:3b3cc176_2@dnews...

Quote
> When you start a discussion with someone it is very important that you
reply
> to the message your received instead of starting a new thread. When you
> start a new thread I have no way to look back at prior messages to refresh
> my memory about your problem and what has been tried so far (an my memory
> needs refreshing frequently <g>).

> Was this a full BDE installation or a partial installation?
> Search your hard drive and see if there is more than one copy of
> IDAPI32.DLL. If so note the folders in which they are installed.
> Using RegEdit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine.
> Under this key you should find two values named DLLPath and ConfigFile01.
> What folder do they point to?

> Bill

> --
> Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


Remove the double backslashes from the DLLPath and ConfigFile01 values. For
example

DLLPATH"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Borland Shared\\BDE

should be

DLLPATH"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE

--
Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


That only as exported in a view !
in the registry it oke !
"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> wrote in message
news:3b40b9e3$1_1@dnews...
Quote
> Remove the double backslashes from the DLLPath and ConfigFile01 values.
For
> example

> DLLPATH"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Borland Shared\\BDE

> should be

> DLLPATH"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE

> --
> Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


Is IDAPI32.DLL in the directory pointed to by the DLLPath entry?

--
Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


Yes !
I donot understand it  i work over 2 Years whit BDE but never had this kind
of problem !

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> wrote in message
news:3b41f215_2@dnews...

Quote
> Is IDAPI32.DLL in the directory pointed to by the DLLPath entry?

> --
> Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


The only thing that I can think of to try is to uninstall and reinstall the
BDE.

--
Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


I have done that 3 times olso on 3 machine's !

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> wrote in message
news:3b43486c_1@dnews...

Quote
> The only thing that I can think of to try is to uninstall and reinstall
the
> BDE.

> --
> Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


What error do you get when you start BDE Administrator? What operating
system are the machines that experience the $2108 error running? What is the
version number of the IDAPI32.DLL file?

--
Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


I don't think it's in BDE what's wrong but that the applicatie makes the
error !
i can send you the appl it's 1MB big ! if you want ?

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> wrote in message
news:3b4497b0$1_1@dnews...

Quote
> What error do you get when you start BDE Administrator? What operating
> system are the machines that experience the $2108 error running? What is
the
> version number of the IDAPI32.DLL file?

> --
> Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


Are you saying that the BDE Administrator runs without error but the
application produces the $2108 error? If that is the case, I agree that it
sounds like some problem with the application. Try setting a breakpoint on
the first line of the project file and single step your code until you find
the problem.

--
Bill

Re:Error $ 2108 DBE initialize 2


End off conversation
Thanx for all Robb...@a12.nl

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <billtodd...@nospam.qwest.net> wrote in message
news:3b45faf8$1_1@dnews...

Quote
> Are you saying that the BDE Administrator runs without error but the
> application produces the $2108 error? If that is the case, I agree that it
> sounds like some problem with the application. Try setting a breakpoint on
> the first line of the project file and single step your code until you
find
> the problem.

> --
> Bill

Other Threads