OLEDB provider for sql server

Hi all,

I have just set up a second machine at home with SUSE Linux.
I need to find an oledb provider for one or more of the following
SQL Servers MySQL, Interbase, Postreg. This is a test machine and
I need this provider to be freeware.

The OLEDB provider will run on a win2000 pro machine connected through
a Net card with the linux server to give me access to one or more DBs
This will be used with ADO objects through a number of developing
environments including but not limited to Delphi, VB ,... etc.
I'm searching a way to replicate a database from MSSQL Server (which is
our
main development environment) to any of the linux Servers as well to be
able to work from home in any of the projects I'm currently developing.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Regards
Johnnie

Re:OLEDB provider for sql server

Johnnie wrote:
> I need to find an oledb provider for one or more of the following
> SQL Servers MySQL, Interbase, Postreg.

I believe the only option would be to use the provider for ODBC. I doubt we
will see native ole-db providers for any of the databases you mention, not
for a while anyway.

Dean
Leeds, England

-- Borland certified instructor, now offering kylix training --

Dean Bisseker wrote:

> I believe the only option would be to use the provider for ODBC. I doubt we
> will see native ole-db providers for any of the databases you mention, not
> for a while anyway.

Thank you for your time.
Can you point me to the right direction for any information on ODBC for
any of
the mentioned Servers?

Kind Regards

Johnnie wrote:
> Dean Bisseker wrote:

> > I believe the only option would be to use the provider for ODBC. I doubt we
> > will see native ole-db providers for any of the databases you mention, not
> > for a while anyway.

> Thank you for your time.
> Can you point me to the right direction for any information on ODBC for
> any of
> the mentioned Servers?

> Kind Regards
> Johnnie.

Well you don't need ODBC for two of them, but

Interbase: http://www.easysoft.com/products/interbase
MySQL: ftp://ftp.mysql.org/pub/mysql/Downloads/MyODBC
Postgres: http://www.unixodbc.org includes a driver
SQL Server: http://www.easysoft.com/products/da_components/oob/main.phtml

--
Nick Gorham
Easysoft Ltd

Dean Bisseker wrote:

> Johnnie wrote:

> > I need to find an oledb provider for one or more of the following
> > SQL Servers MySQL, Interbase, Postreg.

> I believe the only option would be to use the provider for ODBC. I doubt we
> will see native ole-db providers for any of the databases you mention, not
> for a while anyway.

        At least three OLE-DB providers are available for InterBase, though
they're all in Beta.  See http://www.cvalde.com

        HTH,

        -Craig

Re:OLEDB provider for sql server

Thank you for the links I will take a closer look soon

your time and effort are appreciated.

Kind regards
Johnnie.

Re:OLEDB provider for sql server